Opportunities for participation in parish life abound. The first step is coming and worshiping with us, joining your body and voice to the celebration of the Sacraments. Sing out, come to coffee hour after Mass, introduce yourself to the clergy and to other people. Come back! After you feel comfortable and feel settled, you can volunteer to do other things. We also hope that you will formally join the parish and become a member.
We are always looking to find people willing to volunteer in various ways. Please contact the Parish Clergy if you wish to participate.
- Altar guild: Dedicated parishioners prepare the altar and sanctuary for worship, and care for and maintain the worship vessels and vestments. From laundering and ironing the linens to arranging the flowers, it is a ministry of joy and care. If you would like to participate in this prayerful ministry, contact us. There are opportunities for members of all ages to participate.
- Lector (Reader): On Sundays at each Mass, certain Bible readings are read by laypersons from the congregation. Public speaking experience is not necessary and the Parish Clergy will lead workshops on reading from time to time. All that is required is a desire to serve.
- Acolytes: The celebration of the liturgy is expressed in its fullest when we have lots of servers doing their various jobs. Servers are needed to carry the Cross and candlesticks in procession, swing the censer as the minister of incense (this person is called the thurifer), and serve as master of ceremonies or sub-deacon. You do not need previous experience and we will train you up starting with simplest of the duties. Acolytes gather a few times a year to rehearse and go over the liturgy.
- Choir. To volunteer to sing in our choir, please contact our Director of Music.
You can participate in our ministry of hospitality by serving as an usher or greeter or by helping out with coffee hour.
- Ushers and greeters. Those working at the back of the church to welcome old and new faces alike are the front line of our ministry of hospitality. If you are interested in ushering, please contact the Parish Clergy or the Parish Office.
- Coffee hour hosts. Coffee hour volunteers provide an opportunity to continue our fellowship after the service is over. Please contact Valda Barnes if you wish to host coffee hour following the English service.
Flower Guild. To sponsor flowers, music, or candles for Sundays during the church year please contact the Parish Office.
Community service. We have partnerships with several excellent, nearby nonprofit organizations that accept volunteers. Please see our Partner Organizations page.
Be creative. If you have an idea of how you would like to get involved, participate, do something with and for the parish, just get in touch with one of the clergy or vestry or any of the people mentioned above.